Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380

A few years back, Smith and Wesson introduced a new line of personal protection handguns called the Bodyguard.  Two guns were part of that initial launch:  a polymer framed .38 Special and a .380 ACP semiautomatic.  Both guns came equipped with laser sights from the factory and were reasonably priced.

I've never owned a S&W pistol before, but I was intrigued.  Could the Bodyguard 380 be the gun I needed for concealed carry?  I wasn't sure, but I was excited.  I had been carrying much bulkier guns at that time, and was hoping to find something easier to carry.

I had looked at the Kahr pistols, and liked them, but I did not like the price tag.  They seemed nice, but just very expensive.  Conversely, the S&W Bodyguard was relatively cheap - especially when you add in the laser sight that would be an extra purchase with the Kahr.

So, I took the plunge and ordered a Bodyguard from my local dealer.  These things were so popular that no one had them in stock.  Can you believe it?  Ha!  I ordered the gun, sight unseen.

Well, things worked out pretty good for me.  The gun arrived in less than a month and it has been everything I hoped it would be.  It is a good shooter and is very reliable.  I've only had one jam and tha was with some cheap reloads I bought at the local shop.  All of my hollow points feed through the gun just fine.

So, I hope to get a lot of life out of this gun.  I know I have met some S&W owners who say they have gotten years of service out of their Bodyguard 380 pistols with thousands of rounds shot.  I'm not there yet, but I am working on it!

2 comments:

  1. EPG Security Group provides clients with exceptional security services that enable them to relax with confidence, knowing their security and the safety of their customers, guests, family, and employees are in trustworthy, experienced hands.
    Bodyguard MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPG Security Group’s Hospitality Agents are groomed and trained specifically to the venues they are assigned. We take extra steps to ensure that our agents fully understand your client demographic and the inner workings of your venue. Our clients look at our agents as extensions of them. We actively look for areas of concern, even if it’s not security related.
    Bodyguards MN

    ReplyDelete